May 2, 2010

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


These warm my heart.

I originally made them for my brother who was visiting from Finland. They warmed his heart too.

Then I ended up taking some to my husband's graduation party. They were gone to the last crumb.

Warm, chewy, slightly spicy, and oh so yummy!


Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 whole eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 1/2 cups raisins

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time adding vanilla with the last egg. Beat until smooth. Stir in the flour mixture. Stir in the oats and raisins.
4. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 9-12 minutes until light and golden. Do not overbake. Let cool on sheets for 2 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.

I ended up keeping the dough in the fridge for a couple of days while baking some everyday. I thought they turned out nicer after having the dough chilled. And it was great to have some warm cookies everyday. Made me feel spoiled!

No comments:

Post a Comment