May 6, 2010

Chocolate Sheet Cake


I found this on PW's Tasty Kitchen and couldn't resist trying it out.

Delish!


The Best Chocolate Sheet Cake. Ever.

Cake: 
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
1/4 tsp salt
4 Tbsp (heaping) cocoa
2 sticks butter
1 cup water
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 whole eggs, beaten
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract

Frosting:
1 3/4 stick butter
4 Tbsp (heaping) cocoa
6 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups powdered sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
2. In a mixing bowl, combine flour sugar and salt. Set aside
3. In a saucepan, combine butter, water and cocoa. Heat until butter is melted and let boil for 30 seconds. Remove from heat and pour cocoa mixture over flour mixture. Stir until combined.
4. In a small bowl or glass, stir together buttermilk, egss, baking soda and vanilla. Stir buttermilk mixture into the batter. Pour into a sheet cake pan (I line mine with parchment paper) and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
5. While cake is baking, make frosting: Melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in cocoa and remove from heat. Add milk, vanilla and powdered sugar. Stir together and pour over warm cake.

Awesome.

Note: These are NOT brownies, people! Just because it is denser that the Betty Crocker stuff made from a box, does not mean it is automatically brownies. This is cake; dense, delicious, heavenly cake. If you come and ask me for more 'brownies' I'll send my dog after you. Unless of course I'm serving brownies that day. Then I'll send my dog after you just for kicks. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment