April 1, 2010

Rolled Sugar Cookies and Icing

I have completely lost it now.

A lot of you know I love baking, but I do have other things in my life that should get done.
Such as laundry, dishes, cleaning, cooking, feeding, diapering, bathing, grooming the dog, walking the dog, showering the dog slobber off of me after walking the dog, etc.

Instead of doing all that, I decided to use my 'spare' time on this.



Hours later my hand, and my brain (why, I do not know) were exhausted and I thought to myself: They better taste good.

Oh, they did.

Here are the recipes.

Rolled Sugar Cookies

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp imitation butter
  • 5 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt

Directions

  • 1. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, vanilla and lemon. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
  • 2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
  • 3. Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.

Recipe modified from:


Sugar Cookie Icing

Ingredients

  • 1 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 1 tbsp milk
  • 1 tbsp light corn syrup
  • 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
  • assorted food coloring

Directions

  • 1. In a small bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Beat in corn syrup and lemon extract until icing is smooth and glossy. If icing is too thick, add more corn syrup.
  • 2. Divide into separate bowls, and add food colorings to each to desired intensity. Frost away!

Note: You may need to tweak the amount of corn syrup and milk, depending how thick or thin you want the icing. 

Recipe modified from:


Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go and exercise all that butter off of my buttocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment