March 29, 2010

Soft Pretzels



Every time I go to the mall, I crave those soft pretzels they sell there.
Then one day I realized I could try to make my own. My life hasn't been the same ever since. I"m a new woman, with a slightly higher fat percentage.

Soft Pretzels Bites

1 pkg active dry yeast
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup warm water
4 cups all purpose flour

4 cups water
4 Tbsp baking soda

Topping

2 Tbsp melted butter
2 Tbsp  kosher salt

Instructions

1. In a bowl, dissolve the yeast, brown sugar and salt in warm water. Stir in flour and knead on a floured surface for 8 minutes. Dough will be smooth and elastic. Place in a greased bowl, turn to coat. Cover. Let rise for an hour.
2. Cut risen dough into 12 pieces and roll each piece into a long rope, about 2 or 3 feet long. Cut each rope into 1 inch pieces
3. Boil 4 cups of water with 4 Tbsp of baking soda. Dip the dough pieces in the boiling water. Remove when they float. Place on parchment covered baking sheet. Let them rise for 20 minutes.
4. Bake at 450 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, until golden brown. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle kosher salt on top.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment