1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl. In a small bowl, sprinkle 1 to 2 tablespoons flour over blueberries, and set aside. (This reduces "purple" batter)
3. In a large bowl, beat butter with sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, and stir in vanilla, lemon zest and extract. Fold in dry ingredients alternately with milk. Fold inblueberries. Fold gently, don't stir. Spoon batter into prepared cups.
4. Combine 2 tablespoons flour, 1/3 cup brown sugar ,and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in 1 tablespoons butter with fork until mixture resembles course crumbs. Sprinkle over batter in muffin cups.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack. Drizzle some icing on top, if desired.
These taste the best the next day. Right on time for breakfast.