September 11, 2010

Blackberry Cobbler


I had some blackberries in my fridge and I needed to try something new so I made some cobbler. The recipe I used is from Allrecipes, from where I get most of the recipes I use on a regular basis.

The cobbler was pretty good and especially easy to put together, but I will continue looking for the perfect cobbler recipe. Still, yummy enough to serve for you family on a crisp fall evening. I sure enjoyed it. Plus, you can use whatever fruit or berries you have at hand. Easy, easy, easy!

Blackberry Cobbler

2 Tbsp butter
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk
2 cups berries or fruit
1 Tbsp sugar

1. Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place butter in a 9-inch pie plate and place in the oven until butter is melted. Remove pan from oven. (I placed the pie plate on a baking sheet in case of batter overflow during baking.)
2. While butter is melting, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a small bowl. Whisk in milk until smooth batter forms. Pour batter into pan and scatter fruit/berries evenly over batter. Sprinkle with remaining 1 Tbsp of sugar,
3. Bake until golden brown and fruit/berries bubble, 50 to 60 minutes. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!

Note: Next time I may add some cinnamon to the batter. And depending on fruit, I might add more of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment