March 9, 2011

Guacamole

These are a few of my favorite green things.

Limes, cilantro, avocados...

I really love basil too, but that is a story, and a recipe, for another time.



I've been on a lime chicken taco salad kick lately, and a big part of this is making guacamole.

I love love love love love guacamole. 

Sorry, I get really excited about guacamole. In fact, if it was legal, I would marry a bowl of guacamole. For eternity.


Since D doesn't tolerate tomatoes and onions, I modified this amazing recipe to fit both of our needs. I really just need the avocado, lime, cilantro and garlic to satisfy my guacamole craving. Tomatoes and onions can wait for another day.


Guacamole (modified from Allrecipes.com)

  • 3 avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • (1/2 cup diced onion)
  • 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
  • (2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced)
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)

  • In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Stir in cayenne pepper. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.

  • I actually just use a stick blender and puree everything together. I like it nice and smooth. But chunky is delicious too so follow your own heart.

  • Note: I know I used key limes in the pictures, but I did use just regular good ol' limes for the guacamole. The key limes just looked better, all tiny and cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment