February 11, 2011

Orange Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies


  • I have no picture of these cookies to show you.

  • The reason being I ate them all before I had the decency to take out my camera and have some proof that these existed.

  • Now the proof is on my waist and I am working on eliminating it.

  • I originally started making milk chocolate chip cookies but decided I didn't really want any. Of course I made some though, D wouldn't be happy with me if I changed my plans completely. So I divided the dough in half before adding the milk chocolate chips and used the other half of chipless dough to make these cranberry cookies. I just added the orange zest, white chocolate chips and dried cranberries until the mixture looked about right.

  • And now, I really don't have any need for the regular chocolate chip cookies. 

  • The following recipe makes the full amount of cranberry cookies. You can do what I did and just divide it in half after making the basic dough or half it before you even begin.


  • Orange Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies (original from allrecipes.com)

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • zest of one large orange
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons hot water
  • 1 to 2 cups dried cranberries
  • 1 to 2 cups white chocolate chips

  • 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  • 2. Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and orange zest. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, cranberries, and white chocolate chips. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
  • 3. Bake for about 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment