August 17, 2010

Zucchini Bread


Good things are happening in my kitchen today. Eggs, sugar, oil, chocolate, zucchini... Mmmm... Definitely good things!

This is one of my favorite Fall recipes ever. The baking bread makes your house smell divine and eating a slice with a hot cup of chocolate is heaven.

Now I remember why I always gain weight in the Fall. I blame the bread.


Zucchini Bread

3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups white sugar
2 cups grated zucchini
2 tsps vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 tsps ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips (I prefer milk chocolate and I tend to use more since we love chocolate)

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour two 9x5 loaf pans.
2. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt together in a bowl. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy. Beat in oil. Once incorporated mix in white sugar with a spoon. Add zucchini and vanilla and stir. Stir in flour mixture in batches, adding chocolate chips with the last batch. Stir until combined. Pour into prepared pans.
3. Bake until golden brown, for about 50-70 minutes, depending on your oven. Let cool for 10 minutes and then remove from pans. Let cool completely on a cooling rack, or dig in like I do. I don't have much patience when it comes to Zucchini Bread.

The nice thing about making Zucchini Bread is that you can use all those humongous overgrown zucchinis that are taking over your or your neighbor's yard. You're really just doing a favor to yourself or your neighbor. It's a sacrifice to make and eat this. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment