August 23, 2010

Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler


This is the goodness that warms my heart and my body when I go camping. I take a bite and I feel I'll survive. 


Easy Peach Cobbler

1 box of yellow/white cake mix
2 large cans of sliced peaches
1 can of Sprite/7 Up
Cinnamon
Butter

1. Line your dutch oven with tin foil. Drain juice from peaches and dump peach slices in the dutch oven. Pour Sprite over the peaches and sprinkle cinnamon on top. Then sprinkle cake mix evenly over the peaches. Place small cubes or slices of butter over cake mix. I usually use 1/4 cup of butter, sliced thinly. Cover with lid.
2. Place dutch oven over 10 to 12 coals and put 14 to 16 coals on top. Cook cobbler until the top is golden brown, about 35 minutes. Eat plain or top with vanilla ice cream. (Now, WHO has vanilla ice cream with them when they go camping?!? No one that I know, but you can make this at home too, so it's just a suggestion. A delicious kind. Yummmm.)

I make this at home in our electric oven occasionally. I just make it in 9x13 casserole pan and bake it in 350 degrees for about 40 minutes. It has always turned out better in the dutch oven, but I still love it even when made at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment